A SPONSOR’S RESPONSIBILITIES AND CONSIDERATIONS
Sponsorship is an act of love for God, for your friend (your pilgrim) on the Walk to Emmaus, for the Emmaus Community and for the church. It is demonstration of agape love.
- Invite your pilgrim to take part in Emmaus for the sake of a more vital relationship with Jesus Christ. The sponsor shares his/her faith and explains the basic purpose, elements and follow-up dimensions of the Walk.
- Ask your pilgrim to make a commitment by filling out a registration from. If your pilgrim is married, the sponsor will speak with both partners and encourage an equal commitment by both spouses.
- Support your pilgrim’s Walk through prayers, attending sponsor’s hour, candlelight and closing.
- The sponsor may also support the pilgrim’s family by house-sitting, baby-sitting, watering plants, picking up mail, feeding pets or just checking in with a spouse to see if any help or support is needed.
- Encourage your pilgrim in his/her continued journey and take your pilgrim to Emmaus “gatherings” after the Walk weekend is over.
- Help your pilgrim to consider ways to act out new commitment and enthusiasm for Christ in her/his church, Emmaus, and community.
- Help your pilgrim sponsor others.
Please know your Pilgrims! We have had Pilgrims that were unable to enjoy the Walk because of the physical structure of the church. Some churches that are used for Walks have many steps and Pilgrims have struggled with this obstacle. Please give this consideration when sponsoring a Pilgrim.
For additional information please contact:
berital at country dot net